SMALL BUSINESS EMERGENCY RELIEF FUND APPLICATION
The Carroll County Small Business COVID-19 Emergency Relief Fund offers working capital to assist Carroll County small businesses with disrupted operations due to COVID-19. Grant assistance is intended to provide interim relief complementing actions with its bank, business interruption insurance, financial institution, federal and state partners.
Businesses must meet the following conditions to be considered for the $1,000 grant:
The following uses are not eligible for funding:
- Medical service providers
What you need to complete the application:
- Federal Tax ID # (EIN) (obtain an EIN)
- Maryland Department of Assessment and Taxation Department ID # (check your status)
- Number of full-time (FTE)* – including yourself – employees prior to March 5, 2020
- Business mailing address and description
- Purpose of request
Applications will be considered on a first-come, first-served basis. Once the applicants are verified and approved, pending funding availability, the applicant will receive the grant check via mail.
* – The calculation of full-time equivalent (FTE) is an employee’s scheduled hours divided by the employer’s hours for a full-time workweek. When an employer has a 40-hour workweek, employees who are scheduled to work 40 hours per week are 1.0 FTE. Employees scheduled to work 20 hours per week are 0.5 FTE.
This form will not accept duplicate entries. If you have previously applied, you cannot re-apply for the same entity.
If you previously applied, one of the following occurred:
- Your application was approved and forwarded for payment. You cannot receive a second grant. OR
- Your Business was found to “Not be in Good Standing” with MD SDAT and was rejected. OR
- Your application did not meet the eligibility requirements and was not considered. OR
- Your application was received and/or your MD SDAT standing was corrected AFTER funding was exhausted – your application was not considered.
All previous grant applications were processed and approved or denied. If you applied previously and were awarded or denied, please DO NOT apply again.
Click “Submit” only once, it may take several moments to process the application before confirmation.